Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fan Letters #2

I found another fan letter that I wrote......to Dane Cook. (Oh, the shame.)

This one is circa July, 2006, before I had facebook and myspace was still a "thing."

So, I've been one of your million friends (hyperbole, but not by much) on Myspace for awhile now and this is my first time messaging you. I've been watching Tourgasm and stuff, and I saw that you actually check your messages, so I thought that there would be a good chance that you would actually read this. I just wanted to tell you how cool I think what you do is. You're really funny and you have a remarkable ability to find the extrairdinary humor in what others see as mundane. I was watching Tourgasm tonight and it was by far my favorite episode. You said that you never really had any close friends growing up, but that you always had your family and that now you have some close friends. This kind of gave me some hope, because I'm the same way. I don't really have any close friends, but I have my family. This gave me some hope that I may someday be, for lack of a better word, normal,and that all my failed attempts (I mean this shit went so fucking wrong, the only thing you could do was laugh your ass off) at an effective life are building towards something greater. Thank you for being such a BAMF and giving me a little bit of hope. Keep on doing what you're doing. You are doing it right.

SUFI(in the good sense)
-Kim Schwartz


Holy shit. That was some depressing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment